- Nursing Organizations which have been particularly active in the fight for single payer at a national and state level: National Nurses United; New York Nurses Association; California Nurses Association.
- Health Care for All Oregon (HCAO) is the statewide coalition advocating for single payer health care; has extensive materials and resources.
- Physicians for a National Health Program is a non-profit research and education organization of 20,000 physicians, medical students and health professionals who support single-payer national health insurance.
- Healthcare-NOW! is the national single payer advocacy group
- Labor Campaign for Single Payer
- Oregon Nurses Association (organizational member of HCAO)
- Oregon Federation of Nurses and Health Professionals (organizational member of HCAO, representing Kaiser Permanente employees)
Power Point Presentations:
- Nurses for Single Payer Powerpoint (download)
- HCAO General Slide Presentation (by Dr. Michael Huntington, April 2017)
Single Payer FAQs and Economic Studies
- The Case for Medicare for All (an excellent, readable summary of questions and answers about national single payer, from Public Citizen Feb 2019)
- Economic Analysis of Medicare for All by Robert Pollin et.al. Nov. 2018
- The Health Care Movie
- FIX IT: Healthcare at the Tipping Point
- Now Is The Time
- Big Pharma: Market Failure
- Tom Sincic, FNP, testifying at Oregon Legislature 2015 (5:45 min)
- Health Care: We Can Fix It (by PNHP, Western Washington) (11 min)
- Dr. Sam Metz: How to Speak about Single Payer (21 min)
- AFL-CIO 2017 Endorses Medicare for All (9 min)
- Health Care for All Explained (very short animated clip 1:21 min)
- Chris Tanner and Nancy Sullivan speaking about Nurses for Single Payer; interview at the Oregon Public Health Association conference, Oct. 2016 (10 minutes)
- The Healing of America by T.R. Reid
- Deadly Spin by Wendell Potter
- Numerous books by John Geyman, M.D.
House Party Resources:
NFSP House Parties are a great way to involve our communities and advance our mission! Click below for more resources, and get motivated to host a house party yourself, or with a friend!