- Nursing Organizations which have been active in the fight for single payer at a national and state level: National Nurses United; New York Nurses Association; California Nurses Association.
- Health Care for All Oregon is the statewide coalition advocating for single payer health care; has extensive materials and resources.
- Physicians for a National Health Program is a non-profit research and education organization of 20,000 physicians, medical students and health professionals who support single-payer national health insurance.
- Healthcare-NOW! is the national single payer advocacy group
- Labor Campaign for Single Payer
- Oregon Nurses for Single Payer: read about our history (Part I) and (Part II) in articles for the HCAO newsletter, January 2016
Power Point Presentations:
- Nurses for Single Payer Powerpoint (download)
- HCAO General Slide Presentation (by Dr. Michael Huntington, April 2017)
Documentaries & Trailers
- Tom Sincic, FNP, testifying for single payer at Oregon Legislature
- Health Care: We Can Fix It (11 minute video by PNHP, Western Washington)Now Is the Time
- Dr. Sam Metz: How to Speak about Single Payer (excellent 21 minute introduction)
- Chris Tanner and Nancy Sullivan speaking about Nurses for Single Payer; interview at the Oregon Public Health Association conference, Oct. 2016 (10 minutes)
- The Healing of America by T.R. Reid
- Deadly Spin by Wendell Potter
- Numerous books by John Geyman, M.D.